Whenever I go fishing or boating, I always take care that my life vest should be within reach of my hands. If you also go fishing, especially bass fishing, then you need an inflatable life vest which is different than the true-life jackets. Typically, such kind of flotation device is comfortable for wearing and provides enough freedom to move around.
The inflatable PFD (Personal Flotation Device) can be worn throughout the day without feeling any obstruction. There are various types of inflatable jackets available in the market including automatic, manual, etc. Automatic life vests have improved designs than manual ones as they can be operated in both ways manual and automatic. Today, we will have a look on the most sought inflatable life jackets that you can use while going for bass fishing or boating.
Best Inflatable Life Vests for Bass Fishing
1. ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx A/M-24 Self Inflatable Life Jacket
The top product on my list is the automatic life vest by Absolute Outdoor. It is famous for providing safety with comfort in its intuitive features. Once you pull out the ‘jerk to inflate’ handle on the vest or when it immerses in the water, it will automatically adjust itself to keep you buoyant on the water.
Characteristics of Absolute Outdoor Onyx A/M-24 Inflatable Life Vest are:
- The fabric is resistant against the tear and puncture.
- It has a soft neoprene neckline which provides you comfort and ease of use.
- It can be operated both automatically and manually.
- The design is small and lightweight which is ideal for the users.
- It has a stretchable flex-back insert and has 22.5 pounds of minimum buoyancy.
- It is perfect for wearing in warm weather as its slender build will keep you warm all day.
2. Rrtizan Inflatable Life Jacket
This adjustable adult jacket is best suited for snorkeling and bass fishing. It easily fits adults from 80 to 200 lbs. Once you wear this jacket, you will be able to enjoy your favorite water sports without any worries.
Some of the best characteristics of the Rrtizan Inflatable Jacket are:
- It passed Pony Testing, thanks to its 210D nylon ripstop outer shell. It also has a PVC inner liner.
- The inflatable vest, which has been designed to look like a jacket has a front zipper for easy wearing.
- The back has a mesh that makes it cool and breathable.
- It also has an additional leg strap that helps the jacket float upward
- The 46-inch waist strap is completely adjustable. It is available in 3 colors at the moment – blue, green, and pink. They are all bright neon colors that aid visibility
3. Onyx Absolute Outdoor Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
This life vest from Onyx automatically inflates when immerses in the water or when you pull the handle equipped on it. The design is lightweight, safe to wear, and comfortable in all types of weather conditions.
Characteristics of Onyx Absolute Outdoor A/M Inflatable Life Vest are:
- You can choose your favorite from the pink and blue colors.
- It is perfect for the persons having an age of 16 and above.
- The fabric is durable and resistant against punctures and tears.
- The US coast guard approves it for the type IV performance.
- You can convert it from automatic to manual inflation.
- It has a low profile design with an extensible flex-back insert.
- This PFD has 22.5 lbs of minimum buoyancy.
4. Mustang Survival Corp M.I.T. 100 Automatic PFD
The M.I.T. 100 from Mustang Survival is a premium quality inflatable life vest available at a budget-friendly price. The automatic design of this PFD makes it respond within seconds while interacting with the water.
Characteristics of Mustang Survival Corp M.I.T. 100 Automatic Inflatable Life vest are:
- It has a lightweight and comfortable design to wear all day.
- You can choose your favorite color from seven different styles that are available.
- It has 100N buoyancy which is almost 1.5x higher than the other regular foam life vests.
- It comes with comfortable access flip and an inspection window to make the operating easier for the user.
- This PFD has a 2-inch polypropylene strap & a harness on a 500-denier Cordura outer shell.
- It has 26 pounds buoyancy capacity and approved by the coast guard.
- If you want to get a rearming kit for this life vest, then you can get it from the official website.
5. AMRA – Onyx Outdoors Inflatable Life Jacket
The AMRA is a U.S. Coast Guard approved life vest, which makes it 100% trustworthy. It has both, manual and automatic inflation capability, making it quite a safe investment.
A few characteristics that we love are:
- It has a low profile design that has the ability to keep you cool when the weather gets warm.
- The neckline is made of soft neoprene, which keeps the neck comfortable even when you wear it for a long time.
- It has a protective cover made of nylon oxford fabrics for great comfort.
- You can use it with most water sports including fly fishing, canoeing, and kayaking.
- Please remember that this life vest is not suitable for weak swimmers or those who can’t swim. Kindly read the manual before use.
6. Lifesaving Pro Premium – Manual Life Vest
The Lifesaving Pro Premium life vest delivers as promised, enabling you to survive through buoyancy. It is a manual life vest, certified by SOLAS and CE.
Characteristics of the life vest are:
- Even though it is a manual life vest, you can inflate it within 5 seconds. You just need to pull the inflation handle and it will do the job.
- It is easily visible in the dark.
- The life vest is made out of polyester, neoprene, and nylon+TPU.
- It is easy to air dry, super convenient, and portable.
- The belt is adjustable, making it easy to wear for young adults and adults alike.
7. Premium Quality Inflatable Life Jacket – Manual
Here’s another premium life vest that inflates within 5 seconds with just the pull of a handle. It is certified to be a survival aid.
Some of the characteristics of the Premium Quality Inflatable Life Jacket are:
- This is a reusable and washable life vest that you can air dry with ease.
- It is lightweight and durable.
- You can wear it very comfortably thanks to its adjustable belt.
- The buoyancy of the jacket is 150N and it easily fits adults up to 300 lbs.
- The design and colors of this jacket make it visible in the dark.
There are certain things that you need to consider while choosing the best life vest for fishing, sailing, or any other water activity as it is the matter of your life. Check for the buoyancy weight capacity, coast guard stamp, belt length, harness facility, material type, operation (automatic or manual or oral), and comfort of the PFD. Then, check the price and there is no big deal in going over a little of your budget if all these things are satisfied and giving you the best deal.
According to my tests and results, I feel the Mustang Survival M.I.T. 100 automatic life vest is the perfect product when you go for bass fishing. I found it feature rich and extremely comfortable through the time I wore it. Which life jacket will you choose while going around water? Let me know your lifesaver through the comment section below. You can also suggest any other PFD that you feel should be in this list.
Be safe while fishing.